Yep, it's time for yet another pandemic flu drill. ''WHO says new bird strain is one of the most lethal flu viruses,'' Reuters recently declared. Every few years, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) drum up another flu emergency; each promised to be worse than the last, and this year you're likely to start hearing a lot more about a ''lethal bird flu'' again. What many don't realize is that these agencies actually need these faux flu emergencies to practice -- to fine-tune their strategies and test the latest disease surveillance systems. They also need them to justify their own existence, not to mention growth and expansion.
So far, these pandemic threats have never been anywhere near as lethal as predicted. Unfortunately, many are still hopelessly addicted to fear, so these dramatic warnings will likely continue to be successful in enabling WHO and CDC health officials to accumulate more power and control. Hyping fear of microorganisms has already led to an increase in the numbers of vaccine mandates, which are now threatening people's health and the right to get an education, using a childminding center or keeping a job. In recent years, we've seen a number of aggressively hyped flu pandemics that were based more on media spin than on hard science and never materialized.
While it's prudent to be aware that a pandemic involving a mutated, lethal microorganism could occur in the future, what we've repeatedly seen is that the possibility has been massively over-sold in the past, allowing drug companies to rake in billions of dollars for fast-tracked, inadequately tested vaccines and other dangerous and/or ineffective anti-viral drugs. Sadly, each time a greater number of people tend to end up being harmed by the drugs and ''pandemic'' vaccines than actually succumb to the viral infection. Do you recall the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 bird flu hyped warnings that mysteriously translated the minuscule number of deaths of bird handlers that had occurred into a worldwide threat of impending extermination? How anybody in their right mind could envision an acquired infection of people in contact with sick birds to spread among the general population of he Western world?
The 2009 swine flu hoax was the cruelest of them to date. After four consecutive years of bird flu warnings that just refused to come to fruition, the H1N1 swine flu because front page news. This turned out to be yet another faux threat that cost tax payers billions for fast-tracked vaccines which wrought havoc across the world. This H1N1 vaccine turned out to be the most reactive flu vaccine ever created, harming far more people than the virus itself. It struck down many people with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, unfortunately even two my patients who didn't heed my warning not to take it. This Syndrome is a neurological disorder in which the body's immune system is stirred up by the crap in the vaccine to attack the person's peripheral nervous system (PNS). The PNS is that part of the nervous system that consists of everything except your brain and spinal cord. It's characterized by progressive muscle weakness, paralysis of the limbs and the breathing muscles. Hospitalization is often a necessity to prevent death. Ironically, this 2009 ''pandemic'' actually turned out to be one of the mildest flu seasons in recent years with a low number of reported deaths.
If the CDC or WHO decide the possibility of H7N9 becoming transmissible to the general population, the real danger lies in the fact that pandemic flu vaccines are virtual untested in adequate clinical trials before they are released to the public, and therefore carry unknown risks over and above the ''normal'' risk you take with any vaccination. According to Joseph Kim, president of Inovio, a California-based company, ''In case of a pandemic, vaccine production is fast-tracked so animal testing is skipped and the vaccine is immediately used to treat humans.'' And therein lies the rub. Pandemic vaccines are among the most high-profit and low-risk business ventures for vaccine makers. They stand to make billions of dollars while being completely shielded from liability if the vaccines turns out to be hazardous, like it turned out in 2009. Not to mention they save a ton of money on development and testing on either animals or humans.
The Way I See It....you should be prepared to hear more fear mongering about the H7N9 bird flu. In the meantime, I'd like to remind you that a healthy immune system is your best and primary defense against any viral threat. Following these simple guidelines will help you keep your immune system i optimal working order so you're less likely to acquire the infection to being with and if you do get sick, you better prepared to recover without serious complications -- which by the way will give you a longer lasting naturally acquired immunity to the strain of flu you experienced.
- Your Nervous System and immune system are ''joined-at-the-hip'' and combined make a strong deterrent to any virus. The first priority is to get your spine checked out by a Chiropractor to remove any nerve interference to its proper functioning and to stimulate the immune system..
- Optimize Your Gut Flora. The bacteria in your gut have enormous control of immune system. Avoid sugars, processed foods and most grains and take probiotics in some form to feed the good bacteria.
- Optimizing Your Vitamin D levels is one of the absolute best strategies for avoiding infections of all kinds. Adults need about 8,000 IUs a day and be sure to take Vitamin K2 as it has a powerful synergy and will help prevent Vitamin D toxicity.
- Get Plenty of Rest. If your body is overly fatigued it will be harder for it to fight the flu.
- Get Regular Exercise. Exercise increases your circulation and blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are also better distributed and better to respond if the infection spreads.
- Wash your Hands. Washing hands will decrease the likelihood of spreading a virus to your nose, mouth or other people.
- Use Natural Immune Boosters such as Olive Leaf extract, Omega 3 Fats (Krill oil), oil of Rosemary and Garlic.