Result: blackouts to 40,000 homes as the temperature soars above 40 degrees. And lives put in danger by this green madness.
Widespread power blackouts were imposed across Adelaide and parts of South Australia with heatwave conditions forcing authorities to impose load shedding.About 40,000 properties were without electricity supplies for about 30 minutes because of what SA Power Networks said was a direction by the Australian Energy Market Regulator.
The temperature was still above 40C when the rolling blackouts began at 6.30pm to conserve supplies as residents sought relief with air conditioners...
The interconnector bringing most coal-fired backup from Victoria was working flat-out at the time. South Australia simply did not have enough electricity generation of its own.
Once again it is important to recognise five things.
- 1) South Australia has the country's most expensive and yet most unreliable electricity because it has scrapped its coal-fired power and relies instead on wind power for 40 per cent of its electricity.
- 2) Expensive and unreliable power costs South Australia jobs, and risks lives as the poor and old cannot afford - or get - cooling in a heat wave or warmth in a cold snap.
- 3) South Australia cannot rely for long on backup from Victoria, which has its own renewable energy targets gthat have already helped to force the announced closure of the giant Hazelwood coal-fired generator, responsible for up to 20 per cent of Victoria's power.
- 4) What we're seeing in South Australia will spread to the whole country if Labor is elected federally and imposes its own renewable target of 50 per cent by 2030. This will force us to use triple the wind, solar and hydro power we do now (but without adding any more dams) at an estimated cost of $48 billion. Our electricity will become as unreliable as that of a Third World state. Or South Australia. Same difference.
- 5) And none of this pain - the expense, the lost jobs, the risk to health - will make the slightest measurable difference to global warming. The whole point of switching to green power is to cut the emissions that is blamed for causing the world to warm. But the cuts we make in Australia by building wind farms are too tiny to make any difference that any scientist can measure. It is all pain, no gain.
The Way I See It......Madness! This global warming policy is a deliberate policy to make us poor.When are people going to WAKE UP and refuse to sanction their politicians going along with this Hoax?